Zero Waste CSA Week 9
We are in Glacier National Park this week, so this is going to be a short little post. This last week we received sweet corn, cherry tomatoes, tomatoes, fennel, potatoes, zucchini/summer squash, onions, cucumbers, broccoli, snap beans, sage bunch (which we dried), and arugula. Here’s what we did with everything:
- I made this delicious chocolate zucchini bread (which was really more like cake). I made a double batch to take some to my coworkers and to share some with our housemates.
- I made ratatouille again, but I used a different recipe this time. This one is more like a stew, and I think I liked it a bit more than the other recipe. I used some zucchini, summer squash, tomatoes, and thyme for this recipe.
- We had friends over for dinner one night this week, so we boiled the corn for sweet corn. Collin likes to put sour cream and chili powder on his corn, which is his version of elotes I guess. I’m hoping to make some real elotes next week!
- I ate the cherry tomatoes throughout the week with some mozzarella cheese and basil. It’s definitely my go-to snack during the work day.
- I made this green beans and fennel recipe.
- We ate the the cucumbers with hummus (such a easy side) for lunches.
- I made a cauliflower and broccoli chessy casserole to freeze for later.
Stay tuned for next week’s post to see what we are going to do with our produce from week ten while we were camping! I did save some of the produce from this week to use next week while we are away (some of the tomatoes, potatoes, etc.)